Welcome to the Moorpark Striders Track Club!
The Moorpark Striders are celebrating their 44th season of participation in youth track and field. We are a non-profit and tax exempt organization involved in a youth recreational sports program in track and field and a member of the Ventura County Youth Track Conference, a non-profit, tax exempt organization.
Clubs of the VCYTC: Moorpark Striders, Camarillo Cosmos, Newbury Park Panthers, Ojai Roadrunners, Oxnard Stars, Thousand Oaks Flyers, Ventura Tigres, Heritage Valley Blazers.
Age Divisions: Gremlin (U8) Bantam (9-10), Midget (11-12) Youth (13-14) Intermediate (15). Ages are as of January 1st for that years track season.
- Registration Fees: Athlete registration fees are required.
- Expenses: Non-Profit Club expenses generally include conference membership fees, medical and liability insurance, ribbons/medals/trophies, athlete uniforms, individual team awards, pictures, meet supplies, facility usage, training equipment, and operating expenses such as postage, printing and office supplies.
- Fund Raisers / Sponsorships: The Club plans several fundraisers throughout the season. The Club is also extremely grateful to all of our team sponsors!
- Snack Bar: The Club provides a Snack Bar service at our home meets to generate additional revenue. We encourage everyone to support/visit the snack bar!
- Injuries / Insurance: All injuries or illnesses of club members must be reported to your coach immediately. Once advised, the coach can structure/adjust your training and workout activities accordingly. Secondary medical insurance is provided as part of your registration fees. There is a deductible and a minimum payment of $5,000.00 per incident. See a club official for further information.
Practice: Practices are generally held between 4:30 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday, (Please contact your coach for practice days/times).
Order of Events for Dual Meets and League Finals: Order of Events
- Running Events: http://www.vcytc.org/track/
- Field Events: http://www.vcytc.org/track/
- Competition: The regular season consists of six dual or triangular meets against one or more of the clubs in the league.
- Events: Athletes may compete in a maximum of four (4) events in each meet*. Additionally, of the four, only three (3) can be running events. * For regular season meets ONLY!, an athlete may add the 4 x 400 Relay as a 5th event or 4th running event.